Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Borough Restaurant Revisited

Since my in-laws wanted to eat at Via Mare for Sunday lunch and Rance abhors the place (only because he does not really like Filipino food), we decided to go our way and use our discount coupon at Borough. We basically ordered the old reliables except this time we ordered the pumpkin ravioli.
We always start with the Rothko Caesar Salad. I love the slice of  grilled cheese bread that is served with the dish and the garlic flavor that oozes from the dressing is a match made in Heaven.
Cheese-Injected Portobella Pita Pocket. This is a must-order for our family. We absolutely love this.
Homemade Pumpkin Ravioli with walnuts and cranberries. Not only is this healthy but it tastes great too. The ravioli melts in the mouth since it is rolled thinly. Add to this the pureed pumpkin, the crunch of the walnut, the tartness of the cranberries and you can imagine the play of flavors that makes your eyes roll with joy. My son savored this dish. For me, I would prefer to eat this as a side dish paired with another dish which is what we did. I think that eating this as my only entree would be quite boring unless I order it with smoked bacon topping and a slice of cheese bread. Yes, that would definitely work.

For some reason, the service staff was not at their best today. The lady server only gave us the paper menu for brunch which had the ala carte choices. This menu is not as complete as the laminated lunch menu. We would have ordered the chocolate chicken wings and the fish and chips which was in the regular lunch menu but not in the brunch menu. Furthermore, this was what happened when we ordered the Ravioli.
Me: Can I have the Pumpkin ravioli please. A few minutes later she comes back.
Server: Ma'am, I'm sorry, we are out of the ravioli.
Me: I'll try the Eggplant Parmiagiana. A few minutes later she comes back.
Server: Ma'am, I'm sorry, we are out of the Eggplant Parmiagiana too.
Me: Ok, please give me the Mac and Cheese. A few minutes later she comes back.
Server: Ma'am, I'm sorry, we are out of the Mac and Cheese too.
Me: Can you please go to your kitchen and ask which Pasta is available.
After a few minutes, she comes back.
Server: Ma'am, the kitchen says that we have the Pumpkin ravioli. Do you want to order it?

Huh? Wasn't that my first choice? Ayayay...

I also ordered brewed coffee. It was pretty impressive when the server came with choices of coffee pods in a leather case. I chose the strong coffee which she said was popular. Unfortunately, it was too mild for me and it was not served piping hot.

But, we would still go back again and again to this restaurant because their food is really good and we still want to try the chocolate chicken wings. Total bill today was Php 962. So, we didn't pay a cent after we presented our coupons.

Borough Restaurant
G/F
The Podium

No comments:

Post a Comment