Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Steak Rub/Beef Roast Rub


Ingredients:
3-4 lb top roast sirloin (this is the next best thing if ribeye is not option)
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoon rosemary
4 tsp sea salt
1 Tablespoon black pepper

Procedure:
Rub on roast. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.

My notes:
I rubbed this on my frozen prime rib steaks and left it in the chiller section of my refrigerator for 2 days. My steaks were still not fully defrosted when I removed it and so I let it defrost at room temperature. Before putting it on the grill, I added some Knorr seasoning. I heated the grill until white wisps of smoke was visible. I cooked my steaks for 2 minutes on both sides. Sometimes, I cook it for a minute and then lower the heat and cook it for another minute or two. Then, flip it over and cook for another two minutes. Whoa, the steaks were super tender and juicy.

This recipe came from a segment I saw on TV. The host explained that salt tenderizes the meats through a process called osmosis. My steaks came out tender and not mushy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment