Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Comida China de Manila (formerly San Jacinto)


San Jacinto has always been our favorite go to restaurant. Not only is my husband and the owner, Benny, on a first name basis but we were also given discount cards since we are such sukis. We've been going to this restaurant since they opened in this location. Since they changed their name, they are reissuing discount cards again. So when you dine here, ask for a discount card which entitles you to a 10% discount.

Why do we love San Jacinto? They serve very good Filipino Chinese food and we can order it in poquito size. Since we're a family of three, the small size option works really well for us.

Pinsec Pork poquito size at Php 60. This is a good dish to munch on while waiting for the rest of your party.

 Lumpia Shanghai poquito size at Php113. My husband insists that we order this every time we're here. Sometimes, he gives in and lets me order my favorite, lechon macau.

Lo Hon Chay poquito size at Php139. This is the reason why we keep on coming back to this restaurant. They really have the best Lo Hon Chay in town. My son, the carnivore, gobbles this up like it was meat!

Fried Milk poquito size at Php131. Yes, you read it right...Fried Milk! This is like an omelette without the egg yolk with shrimps and liver incorporated in it. It is served on a bed of vermicelli noodles. It has the consistency of Egg Foo Yung. My husband and I like this dish but my son thinks it tastes weird but ok.

Yang Chow small size at Php224. This is excellent.

It's really funny that my son's Chinese friends have never heard of San Jacinto. I suppose it's because the Chinese food that they serve is catered to the Filipino taste. For us, it's just so comfort food. It's Chinese Food, Philippine style.

Comida China De Manila (formerly San Jacinto)
FRDC Bldg., 106 E. Rodriguez Ave.
near Mom and Tina's Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment