Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Establishment, The Fort, Taguig

My family ate at the Establishment using the Deal Grocer coupon.We were seated at the Crystal Room which was bright and airy. The food was excellent and the service staff was very accommodating. We would definitely do a return visit.

 We started with the mung bean soup which was creamy. Unfortunately, the soup was not piping hot when served. Nonetheless, this was good.

My husband loved the Oriental Chicken Salad and kept going back for seconds. My son, the carnivore, kept looking for the chicken pieces which was not abundant in this dish. I've always thought of the Oriental Chicken Salad with crispy mung bean threads but sadly, it was missing in this one. The crunch would have added another dimension here. Overall, this was still a good dish.

The service staff was nice enough to serve to us hot and piping plated dishes instead of us walking back and forth to the buffet table. We had the beef tortilla and Jamon Serrano on crostinis. I had the Jamon Serrano previously which was served with wasabi sauce and reduced balsamic. Today, I was looking for that wasabi bite which was missing. I guess, the chef forgot to add it. My boys liked these dishes.

These are the reasons why we would go back to The Establishment. The Salmon miso zuke and Beef lychee were excellent. The salmon and beef were cooked to perfection. The red and yellow capsicums were crunchy and the okra added a nice finish to these dishes. My husband said that the salmon was a tad sweet but he still liked it. My son ate all the beef that was served. We also ate this with risotto curry which I think was better than the teppanyaki rice we had previously.


Finally, the sweet ending...Deconstructed Kitkat. This was so good. My son had 5 of this or was it 7, I had 3 and my husband had 2. Actually, it tasted more like Reeses with a wafer layer. I can't decide whether I prefer this to their Mango Panacotta.

No comments:

Post a Comment