Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jozu Kin

Honestly, we will eat our way through the metro using the 50% promos offered in everythinginbudget.blogspot.com. I purchased the Jozu Kin voucher because this restaurant is a stone's throw from my place.

For starters, we were given the Kani salad for free. This was quite good. I wish that I had the nerve to ask for more.
My son had been clamoring for meat sushi since he had it in NYC. So, we couldn't pass up on the beef sushi. This tasted like beef teriyaki on a roll.
I was surprised when my son ordered the Chicken Mushroom Ragout instead of a steak dish. This dish was not visually appealing. I guess that's why they called it a ragout. Kids would like this because no particular flavor or spice stood out.
The mixed tempura was such a let-down. It was very greasy and the squid did not work well with me. It was chewy and difficult to eat without first cutting it with a knife. They didn't have a squid tempura in their menu and so I don't see why they included this in their mixed tempura.
This is the Muscovado Vanilla Creme Brulee. This was not sweet at all which was great. Perfect to remove all the greasy taste from the tempura dish.
I'm a sucker for tempura ice cream but once again this one disappointed only because the one I had in NYC was coated in cornflakes and almonds. The tempura ice cream here in Joku Jin was vanilla ice cream coated in tempura batter, deep fried and drizzled with chocolate syrup. This was not oily at all.

Jozu Kin
Ronac Center
Ortigas Ave., Greenhills

No comments:

Post a Comment