Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Focaccia Restaurant

We finally made our way to Focaccia Restaurant to use our discount coupon which I've had for about 2 months. At 2 p.m. on a Sunday, we were the only ones in the restaurant. Thus, service was impeccable. While waiting for our orders, we were given a free basket of warm focaccia bread with a balsamic dip ala Italianni's. We asked for a refill and it was given to us pronto.
For starters, we had the Portobello Friti at Php 230. This is fried portobello mushrooms served with marinara sauce. I liked the crunch and then the tenderness of the mushroom that just melts in your mouth.
Canneloni con Ragu at Php 380. We were told that this dish was good for 1-2 persons but it was more than enough for the three of us. There were five cannelonis stuffed with beef and spinach and baked in bechamel sauce. This dish was just ok. I didn't really care for the texture of the beef. I expected it to melt in my mouth just like the Canneloni at Trio Restaurant at the Fort but it just couldn't compare.
Finally, the reason why I bought the discount coupon. I really wanted to try their pizza roll which is touted to be just as good as the panizza in Pampanga. We ordered the Tartufo al Funghi (familia) at Php399. This also comes in a small order at half the size. The pizza was topped with portobello, button mushroom, shiitake and cheese sauce drizzled with truffle oil. It is served with alfalfa sprouts and arugula which you put on top of the slice before rolling it up.  It is sliced like a ruler.
This is what my pizza looked like after I rolled it up. Since we're not heavy eaters, we had to take home half of the pizza. Lesson learned. Next time, we will order the small serving. Anyway, it was just as good heated up at home when I served it for dinner.

When I asked for the bill, I ended up paying an additional 20 pesos over the cost of the discount coupon of 500 pesos after service charge and taxes were added to the bill.

I wish they will offer their discount coupons again. I would love to try their Spinach and Artichoke dip to see how it compares to the Spinach dip at Cibo's. In the meantime, I still have coupons for Chef Manuel's restaurant, Chatime and Max Brenner. Yum, yum, yum...

Focaccia Restaurant
G/F, A-Venue Mall
Makati Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment