Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chicken Marinated in Garlic Oil


Chicken Marinated in Garlic Oil
from
Martha Stewart's Everyday Food, July 2011 via http://www.takingonmagazines.com/2011/07/chicken-marinated-in-garlic-oil-from.html 

1/2 cup
Garlic Oil with some cloves
2 lemons, cut into thin rounds
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 whole chicken cut into 8-10 pieces
Coarse salt and ground pepper

Combine garlic oil and cloves, lemons, and parsley in a large zip top bag. Mix well. Add chicken and seal bag. Toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate 8 hours.

Preheat oven to 450.

Pour bag contents onto a rimmed baking sheet, spreading chicken pieces into a single layer. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Roast until the skin is golden and chicken is cooked, 30-35 minutes.
Garlic Oil
from
Martha Stewart's Everyday Food Magazine, July 2011

1 head garlic, cloves separated, peeled and lightly smashed
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Add the garlic and a cup of extra virgin olive oil to a saucepan.
Heat the oil to a very gentle simmer and let it cook for 10 minutes.
Let it cool, then jar it and refrigerate it.

My Notes:
I added 5 pieces of the cloves from the garlic oil to my marinade. I also rubbed the chicken pieces with Texas Jack No. 2 Seasoning** before marinating. Since I had some fresh thyme and potatoes, I added these to my roast. Some of my lemon slices turned black and so next time I will lay my lemons in the pan and top it with the chicken pieces. I also made some gravy from my drippings.


I am a citrus fan and so I liked this dish. My son thought that it had too much lemon and did not really care for it. My husband said that it was just ok.

**You can buy Texas Jack No. 2 at Santi's. I rub it on my steaks and lamb chops before grilling.



No comments:

Post a Comment