Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mr. Jones, Greenbelt 5

We finally made it to Mr. Jones. I bought the 50% discount promo three months ago but the thought of waiting for an hour to be seated just made us procrastinate to avail of our coupon. Since the Azkals were playing that day, I thought that the crowd would not be so bad. We arrived at 12:30 pm on a Sunday afternoon and lo and behold there were 2 available tables outside. Great. Just as we were about to be seated, an inside table became available. It must be our lucky day.

We ordered the Mac and Cheese as everyone suggested. This dish was made up of macaroni, penne and rigatoni noodles, portabello mushrooms, bacon and peas. It was drizzled with truffle oil and topped with shavings of parmesan cheese. It was loaded with cheese and was very creamy. My family gobbled this up. At 395 pesos, they should have served it with garlic bread.
We decided to try their Honey Drizzled Fried Chicken with homemade biscuits. This was a half boneless almond crusted chicken which was deep fried. It was served with cranberry sauce, two pieces of homemade biscuits which were so delicious, mashed potatoes with cream gravy and the tiniest carrots I've ever seen (the size of my little finger) and baby french beans. The chicken was moist but a bit oily. I couldn't really taste the almond on the crust and so I thought that the kitchen could do without this to lessen the price of this dish. The carrots and the beans were so crunchy and delicious. I could eat a whole plate of this. My son wanted more homemade biscuits and asked me to bake some at home. I wish I could. This dish cost 450 pesos.
We really wanted to try their Superman Burger but since it was our maid's day off and we were having the Big Brother's Burger for dinner which is also at a 50% discount at Brother's Burger (Php 97.50 instead of Php 195), we opted for the Hapa Howly of  Kahlua and White Chocolate Milkshake instead. This was so good; not sweet at all. This was way better than Johnny Rocket's milkshakes. Now I know where to go for my milkshake fix when I have 250 pesos to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment