Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Komrad

My son, Rance, has been prodding me to try Komrad for our Sunday lunch for months but I always thought that he can't handle the heat of Sichuan dishes. We found ourselves in Eastwood yesterday and so Rance insisted that it was his turn to choose the restaurant. Of course, he picked Komrad. He even knew where exactly in Eastwood Mall it was located and ordered the dishes.
Pineapple Fried Rice at Php 198. This is definitely the best Pineapple Fried Rice I've tasted in Manila. It had lots of pineapple bits and the rice grains really had that pineapple flavor. It was nice change from the usual Yang Chow Fried Rice.
Chef Chen's Crispy Sweet and Sour Pork at Php 288. When we try out a new Chinese Restaurant, we always order Sweet and Sour Pork. We feel that if the kitchen can turn out a good sweet and sour pork dish, its other dishes would be just as good. This dish did not disappoint. The meat was tender, crispy and full of flavor.
General Tso's Chicken at Php 198. This dish is a staple in the Chinese Restaurants in New York and so I just had to try it. This dish is suppose to have some kick but it was quite mild here. Nevertheless, it was still an excellent choice. My son said that on our next visit, we should order two of this.

We all agreed that we will return to try the other dishes. The waitress said that the dishes would serve  2-3 persons but I think that it's really good for 2. Next time, I will definitely order the Sichuan Fried Eggplant with pork and my son wants to order the Kung Pao Crispy Pig's Ears. I like Kung Pao Chicken but Pig's Ears? Rance insists that pig's ears is good and so I'll just stick to my eggplant and maybe try the Komrad rice too. Oh, did I mention that they don't use MSG in their dishes? That's a plus for us since my son is allergic to MSG.

Komrad
2nd Floor Veranda
Eastwood Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment